The 2013 Joint Spring Conference of the Kentucky Library Association Academic & Special Sections and the Special Libraries Association Kentucky Chapter, was held March 20-22 at Barren River Lake State Park. The theme, Can You Hear Me Now? Communicating With Our Users was the springboard for many excellent presentations such as Steven Bell’s Opening Keynote Presentation, Cutting Through the Noise: Academic Librarians Need to Capture the Signal.
Presenters travelled from seven states and Canada. UK Libraries faculty, staff, and graduate students participated in the program planning as well as sharing their knowledge through presentations and posters.
- Ebookmobile 2.0: Revamping Services Based on User Feedback – Kathryn Lybarger
- Changing Strategies for Electronic Theses and Dissertations: Communicating Between an Academic Library, Graduate School, Academic Departments and Students – Lyndsey Calico and Dr. Cleo Price
- What’s the Buzz? Participant-Guided Discussions to Meet User Needs – Debbi Lloyd, Meghan Moran and Ida Sell (Graduate Assistants)
- Collaborating with First Year Writing Programs to Improve Information Literacy: Putting the WRD Program in the Headlights – Renae Newhouse (Graduate Assistant)
- Listening to User Needs: Information Literacy for International Students – Debbi Lloyd and Patricia Hartman (Graduate Assistants)
- Calling All 120 Counties: Reaching Out to the Agricultural Extension Service – Jason Keinsley
- Serving People’s Information Needs through Effective Cataloging Department Management – Marsha Seamans
- More Than Words: Audio Visual Course Reserves in a Fine Arts Library – Daniel Naas
- Now You See Me: Using Video Capture to Enhance Information Literacy Courses – Jenny Harris (Graduate Assistant)
- Providing Library Services to Entrepreneurs in the Bluegrass Community – Patricia Hartman (Graduate Assistant) and Peter Hesseldenz
- First Year Experience Librarians: the Importance of Communication with First Year Students through Courses – Holly Jackson (Graduate Assistant)
2013 Joint Spring Conference Planning Committee
- Financial Manager – Alex Grigg
- Member – Valerie Perry
- Technology Coordinator – Daniel Naas
The conference presentations will be made available on the SLA Kentucky Chapter website soon.