|Shell Dunn demonstrates the |
microfilm scanning workstation
The Kentucky Council on Archives held its fall workshop in the Special Collections Research Center’s Digital Lab on November 7. “Getting Our Hands Dirty: DIY Solutions for Archival Challenges,” featured hands-on sessions on variety of topics such as conservation techniques, digitization, lesson plan creation, and Regular Expressions. The following UK Libraries faculty, staff, and students shared their expertise at the workshop, which drew over 50 archivists and information professionals from Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana.
· Jaime Marie Burton, Education and Outreach Archivist
· Shell Dunn, Imaging Specialist
· Crystal Heis, Imaging Specialist
· Kazuko Hioki, Conservation Librarian
· Morgan Lockard, SCRC Education and Outreach GA
· Megan Mummey, Collections Management Archivist
· Margaret Roulett, Conservation student worker
· Stacy Yelton, Imaging Specialist
More information on the workshop can be found online. Thanks to all who shared their expertise and leadership in organizing this workshop.